Collection of Information:
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect information when you create or join an event, fill out a form, submit photos, comments or other content, participate in interactive features of the Service, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include contact information, such as your name, email address, postal address, and phone number, event details, photos, location information, comments, and other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, links clicked, non-sensitive text entered, mouse movements, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Contact and Calendar Information: When you give your permission, we may collect certain information from your calendar, such as your availability, and from your contacts on your mobile device and social media accounts, such as your contacts’ name, email addresses and phone numbers.
- Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device when you consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Service and your experience, see which areas and features of our Service are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Service or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information:
We may use information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Service;
- Enable you to invite and share information with your friends, family and other guests;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information;
- Send you notifications, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Joy and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide information, advertisements, deals, content or features that match user profiles or interests or that are relevant to your location;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Joy is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information:
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Joy or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information that does not directly identify you.
When you create an event, certain information about you and your event is publicly available on the public page of the event, including the host names, event date, colors, themes, and welcome messages. In addition, when you post comments, photos or content on the Service with respect to an event, it will be available to other users in accordance with the privacy settings established by the user who created the applicable event page.
Social Sharing Features:
The Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others:
Joy takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Account Information. You may update, correct or delete information from your account at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at email@example.com. Such deletion will not affect any information or content associated with the event page of another user. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Location Information. When you first launch any Service that collects location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings/preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Contact and Calendar Information. When you launch the Service, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of contact and calendar information. If you initially consent to our collection of contact and calendar information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings/preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of this information by following the standard uninstall process to remove our mobile applications from your device.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/security for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Promotional Communications. You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Joy by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Information for California Residents
Your CCPA rights are described below. You can make a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by submitting a Privacy Request at the top of this page, or clicking here.
Right to Know
You have the right to request the following information about the personal information we have collected about you in the past 12 months:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collect personal information
- the categories of third parties with whom we share the information
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose
If you make a Request to Know more than twice in a 12-month period, we may require you to pay a small fee for this service.
Right to Delete
You have the right to request that we delete any personal information about you that you have provided to us. We will delete any personal information that is not necessary for our normal business operations from our records and direct all of our service providers to do the same.
We consider information to be necessary for our business operations if it is used to:
- Provide goods or services to you
- Detect and resolve issues related to security or functionality
- Comply with legal obligations
Right to Opt-Out
You also have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information. We do not sell any personal information to third parties.
Right to Non-Discrimination
If you exercise your CCPA consumer rights:
- We will not deny goods or services to you
- We will not charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- We will not provide a different level or quality of goods or services to you
Before we can respond to any CCPA requests, we will need to verify that you are the consumer who is the subject of the CCPA request. Verification is important for preventing fraudulent requests and identity theft.
The verification process depends on which type of request you make and how you make it. Typically, identity verification will require you to confirm certain information about yourself based on information we have already collected. For example, we will ask you to verify that you have access to the email address we have on file for you that is associated with your name. If we cannot verify your identity, we cannot fulfill your CCPA request.
For a request that seeks specific personal information, we require a higher level of verification and also ask that you sign a declaration stating that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request, as required by the CCPA. In some cases, we may have no reasonable method by which we can verify a consumer’s identity. For example:
- If a consumer submits a request but we have not collected any personal information about that consumer, we cannot verify the request.
- If the only data we have collected about a consumer is gathered through website cookies (i.e., the consumer has visited our website but had no other interaction with us), we are unable to reasonably associate a requester with any data collected; therefore, we cannot verify the request.
A California resident’s authorized agent may submit a Request to Know or a Request to Delete under the CCPA by emailing email@example.com. Requests submitted by an authorized agent will still require verification of the person who is the subject of the request in accordance with the process described above. We will also ask for proof that the person who is the subject of the request authorized an agent to submit a privacy request on their behalf. An authorized agent that has power of attorney pursuant to California Probate Code section 4121 to 4130 must submit proof of statutory power of attorney, but consumer verification is not required.
We are required to disclose the following information under the CCPA:
Personal Information We Collect
When a couple registers for a Joy account, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers, including name, email address, and phone number
- A social media handle if a user provides it, and any photos a user uploads
- IP address and internet/electronic activity data
For wedding guests, we collect an email address in order to send and track wedding invitations (RSVPs) by email. Otherwise, we collect guest information solely to provide a service to the wedding couple and do not control the information collected. The couple determines what information they wish to request from their guests, and guests determine what information they wish to provide. Joy does not access or share guest information for any purpose other than serving as a repository of the information for the wedding couple. If a guest wishes to delete their information from our system, they should direct their request to the wedding couple.
We also collect certain internet/network activity information regarding our emails to wedding couples and guests, such as if you open an email and if you click any links within it. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information directly from users when they provide it to us. We also collect certain information from users automatically, such as IP address and internet/electronic activity.
Business Purposes for Collecting Information
We collect information for the following business purposes:
- Process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, and operate and maintain our website
- To allow us to maintain and perform quality-checks on our website and services
- Detect fraudulent or illegal activity
Third Parties With Whom We Share Personal Information
We use service providers to help perform business functions on our behalf. We share personal information we collect with our service providers only as necessary for business purposes, including to receive services.
As “service providers” each of our vendors is contractually prohibited from selling or otherwise disclosing any personal information we share with them to third parties, and may only process information we share for the purpose of providing the specified services to us.
We do not sell any personal information to any third parties.
If you have any privacy-related questions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.